Bespoke transition support for new MAT CEOs, Executive Heads and those new to Academy Trust leadership and governance.
Are you about to take the helm at an Academy or Multi Academy Trust for the first time in your career and would you like some support to transition into the role?
Becoming a leader or director of an Academy or a MAT involves a steep learning curve in all aspects related to the business of running schools, markedly different to leading a school as an educationalist. Trusts operate in a minefield of compliance requirements in accordance with educational, tax, charity and employment law and much more. Trust CEO, Jodie Croft, can help you work your way carefully through.
Jodie Croft, CEO of the GEMS Learning Trust, can provide extensive tailored guidance and practical support. Prior to establishing the GEMS Learning Trust, Jodie set up a secondary school in Suffolk after a 10-year career of leadership and teaching in state schools in the UK. She also provided consultancy to the Maiden Erlegh Trust and DebateMate, resulting in approved free school applications.
The Trust charges £550 per day and £280 for half a day in person, or £80 per hour for a telephone/FaceTime discussion. Jodie can meet you in a mutually convenient location.
- Bidding for new schools- free schools/academy presumptions
- Project managing the opening of new schools
- Setting up consultations and writing statutory consultation reports
- Companies House responsibilities
- Understanding MAT Articles
- Academies Financial Handbook – Trust- wide application
- Trust-wide policy development
- External and internal audit processes across a trust
- LGPS and TPS administration
- Long-term sublets to maximise income
- The Trust’s role in obtaining planning permission for buildings
- Trust-wide marketing strategies
- Trust-wide risk management / risk registers
- Governance structures/directors’ roles
- Governance committee remits/schemes of delegation
- Trust-wide communication strategies
- Trust website development
- Monitoring Trust finances
- Designing employment contracts for Trust staff
- Working with Trust members/AGMS
- Trust-wide procurement
- Annual cycles of governance, monitoring and reporting to the board
- Pupil place-planning strategies
- Support with CEO/Exec head job applications and interviews
- Getting ready for GDPR in a Trust
Please contact Jodie to find out more or book an appointment or you can fill out and return the booking form below.